I love fresh Strawberries! Growing up my grandmother had several plants in her garden and we eat them fresh from picking. Over the years I’ve tried other things with them, pies and desserts and salads and sauces, and making BBQ Sauce with them is a great way to use them when getting to the mushy but still not ready to toss out. Here is my Strawberry BBQ Sauce recipe and it works fantastically with Chicken!
Strawberry BBQ Sauce
- Wooden Spoon
- 1 cup 4oz Chopped Strawberries
- 3/4 cup Ketchup
- ¼ cup Apple Cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp Worchester sauce
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Pepper
- ½ tsp Cayenne pepper
- Combine Ketchup, Apple Cider Vinegar, Worchester Sauce, Salt, Pepper, and Cayenne Pepper in a saucepot. Bring to a slow boil and boil for about 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low add Chopped Strawberries, and simmer for as long as possible; at least an hour. Mix often to help release strawberry juices as the strawberries cook down.
- As you get closer to being ready to use it, taste it and adjust seasonings to meet your preferences. When ready, use it as a dipping sauce, marinade, or glaze!